The theme for the first exhibition describes "The Emperor's last parlor- People and Stories" in pictures and short texts in German and English. The arc spans the history of the mountain village and begins with the quote from Joseph Ritter von Bergmann from 1868:
Right at the foot of the Arlberg lies the village and the postal station of Stuben with its 20 houses and 133 residents, known in common parlance as “the Emperor’s last parlor”.
While in 1800 the main industry was agricultural, carriage and road maintenance, in the course of the twentieth century the emphasis gradually shifted to tourism.
The exhibition is curated by Mag Christof Thöny, who in the course of this exhibition has researched new insights into the settlement of the church hill and in the so-called "Fuchsloch" (foxhole). The Fuchsloch was the birthplace of the ski pioneers Hannes and Friedrich Schneider. A dendrochronological report obtained by the Foundation Friends of Hannes Schneider showed that the wood used was beaten in 1592 and the house was probably built around 1600, which was much older than originally suspected.
Other exhibition contents include the construction of the Flexen road and personalities of the place such as the Lawinen (Avalanche) Franz Josef, the postal hostess Fanny Fritz, the ski racers Willi Walch and Rosa Riezler and several rarely seen views of the village, which document the change of time.