Skiing on the Arlberg is now even more fun! Because with the new cableway link between Zürs and Stuben/Rauz, the loop is closed. All resorts of the Arlberg skiing area – St. Anton and St. Christoph, Stuben, Zürs, Lech, Oberlech as well as Schröcken and Warth are now easily and comfortably accessible on skis. Now the Arlberg skiing area ist the largest contiguous skiing area in Austria! With the new cableway link, skiers on the Arlberg have easy access to a total of 305 km of downhill slopes and 88 lifts and cableways – guaranteeing an incredible dimension of skiing fun!
The new Flexenbahn
The largest contiguous skiing area in Austria and one of the 5 biggest in the world!
Thanks to the Flexenbahn cableway and the Trittkopfbahnen I and II, and Albonabahn II, all ski resorts on the Arlberg can be reached on skis since the start of season 2016/17. And there is more: with a total of 305 contiguous downhill skiing kilometres and 87 state-of-the-art lifts and cableways, Ski Arlberg is the largest contiguous skiing area in Austria and hence one of the world's five largest skiing resorts.
Facts on the Flexenbahn
- Start of construction: spring 2016
- In operation since: winter of 2016/17
- Length: 1.8 km
- Height above sea level, lower station: 1,665 metres
- Height above sea level, top station: 2,227 metres
- Altitude difference: 562 metres
- Type of cable-car: single continuously circulating cable with 10 cars
- Capacity: 2,400 persons/hour
More at www.flexenbahn.ski